It’s already nearing the end of January; can you believe it? I haven’t written in ages, and I’m OK with that. I won’t apologize, for the mere fact that I’ve been SO busy with my little guy. Now that he’s a little older (14 weeks!) I think I can spare a day or two or three out of the week to stop by and post a blog here and there.
Because it’s the New Year, I wanted to begin with … You guessed it: Resolutions.
I’ve broken up my list into a few different categories to keep them all straight in my head.
1. Get teaching license renewed! (I’ve actually already sent the renewal application off, I am just waiting now, after a fee-related snafu. Here’s hoping it gets processed quickly and approved!)
2. Investigate new/ alternative career paths (In the current state of our economy, it’s good to have options, and options I shall have!)
Health/Hygiene/Food/Fitness: (I figured this all pertains to my body)
1. Walk 4+ times a week with Jason and Tucker.
2. Eat MORE veggies / fruit (because I’m SO bad at this)
3. Run/walk a half marathon
4. Get under 200# (again, and stay under!)
5. Shower EVERY day (when you work from home, it’s easy to not even get dressed, let alone shower, every day)
6. Floss (I know, obvious)
7. Breastfeed Tucker til 6+ months (part of this means pumping more and increasing our storage supply. Now that we’ve picked up freezer bags, this seems less daunting. I’m averaging 3-5 oz a day via pump. I can do better!)
9. EYEBROWS… I had been going to my esthetician regularly until 3 weeks before Tucker was born. So that’s just over 4 months since my last appointment! I want to start going again… my brow situation is quite bejungled.
Home: (Our house is a work in progress, but this year I think I can handle the following:)
1. Keep up with laundry: 2-3 times a week (even though we don’t get dressed every day, somehow we always seem to wear all our clothes… maybe it’s because laundry piles up for more than a week…)
2. Keep kitchen/dining room clean (We aren’t fans of dishes around here)
3. Keep Living room clean (let’s face it: it gets lived in!)
4. File 2012 papers (essentially I need to clear off my desk which contains a ton of receipts, bills, and work-related documents…just need to find the time to go through them all)
5. Change internet/cable package OR eliminate cable (we HATE our cable… they kinda screwed us over when I signed us up… we only get 5 channels… at least we get PBS!)
6. TAXES (well before April!)
7. Jason’s garden (We hope to get it started!)
8. Paint living area (Jason has a very nice, multi-tonal plan all ready, we just have to make it so)
9. Buy curtains and remaining furniture to complete our bedroom (I think the curtains will happen well before the furniture, but it’s all on the list for this year)
Family/ Friends: (Now that we have a baby, I think it’s vital that we build and strengthen our family and friendly ties)
1. Spend time with mom & Bruce more (Ever since we moved across town, it’s been hard to get over to see them; I need to make the time and effort)
2. Spend time with Nathaniel more (Mr. Busy more like… anyway, I miss my brother (who is turning 26 on Monday!)
3. Have Rachel and Jordan over for dinners (my girls! I can’t believe Ray is graduating this year and Jo only has two more left!)
4. Lunch / Dinner out with Jason once a month (This will just mean Tucker Time for my parents or my Aunt. All of whom LOVE him)
5. Visit Grandma Minnie (She’s such a sweet lady, I would like to visit with her with the baby)
6. Reconnect with old friends (there a few friendships that I would very much like to build back up)
7. Have friends over at least once a month for lunch/dinner (we did this a few times last year. It’s so nice to have people visit!)
8. Take time to spend playing with cats every day (our poor cats have been so starved for attention ever since Tucker came… I need to invest some quality time there)
9. Go on an outing with Jason and Tucker that ISN’T doctor/health related.
Creative: (I used to be more creative, and I would like to revisit that…)
1. Write blog 1-3 times a week (I don’t want my blog to fizzle; 2012 was a strong year and I would like to keep up the momentum)
2. Finish Tucker’s Blanket (My MIL was here and she’s knitting a beautiful blanket for Tucker… I really want to move forward on mine)
3. Research and purchase DSLR camera & take more pictures (I would like to have better quality pictures for my blog and personal “consumption”)
3.a Use and upload videos via our newly acquired camcorder.
4. Review/revise/ continue book (First I need to type it all again… I just have the hardcopy anymore… sigh)
5. Make new recipes from cookbooks/blogs each week (I have so many cookbooks with tabs marking several that I’ve been meaning to try… and several blogs with recipes that look amazing)
6. Read more books (I think I finished one or two last year… in like March!)
In Addendum: (I know there will be additional goals that I cannot think of now, that I will surely hope to accomplish within the year)
1. Adding to the list (throughout the year, I think I will reevaluate the things I’ve set forth for myself and adjust things as I need or want to)
2. Checking as I go (I guess the vogue phrase for resolutions these days in bucket list, and as I accomplish these goals I will update the list. Check here for updates!
**Question: What are your resolutions and/or goals for this year? What’s on your bucket list?**